17 September 2009

Bedrock Neighbors

Blast from the past fo' sho... I've NEVER drawn The Flintstones. Always loved them, but I didn't dare or even fathom the thought of tampering with them in fear that I'd look like a hack of a poor watered down version of them. After sitting Fear down, I had to look em' right in the grill. I tolds that lil rascalicious, "Fear, you need to let me have some fun, aight? Now, begone, bonehead!" HAHAHAHA

Anyway...I just couldn't resist the fun shapes!

My perspective may be off since it's a rough, but when I go to colors, I'll polish the technical aspect.

If you can get past that, then I hope ya digs!

HAHAHAHAHAHA


14 comments:

Gerald de Dios said...

Haha- that is too cool...and very classic

Fabian said...

For some reason i never like them (please don't hate me), but you make them look cool! :)

Carl Aspuria said...

love the rendition! The way you remix these characters with you flavor is inspiring.

-carl
kidfrodo.com - my sketchblog

Ryan Green said...

It's so funny to see Hanna-Barbara stuff drawn with DIMENSION. Nice job!

Carlos Sanchez said...

LOL! they never looked better :)

Craig said...

HA...this is turning out great man. Good job!!!

Jason Crawford said...

Awesome....and just for this pic at moment, I'm loving the way you draw the feet.
Fresh take on a classic toon.

Lyøkô M. Eisenstein said...

:) Very Funny!


Sean last year we met at the ANG event held at Ibero University in México City, and this "Bedrock Neighbors" remembered me that you do not have in your portfolios a Hanna-Barbera Birdman (that was my sketch request)...so may be in the future you can add this character in your "sketches to do list" :)

Saludos!

RAWLS said...

hahaha... awesome.

DonKelly said...

very cool take on the characters. You know who they are but they look a little "cooler". I dig it , man.

Lucas Ferreyra said...

HA! LOKS AMAZING! I LOVE IT!

Myriam said...

I'm fan ! Great work.

andres casciani said...

love the way you recreate caracters! very good style

Sean Galloway said...

thank you so much, everyone! I definitely can't wait to color it. I have more cookin up, so thank you for coming by to peep out my lil corner. :)